Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Easy Bread Machine White Bread










After not using my bread machine for years, I am now using it every week! So dig yours out and keep it in a convenient place and you'll be using it all the time, and give up the "store" bread.
I start the bread in about 5 minutes before I leave for tennis in the morning and when I come home the house smells fabulous and we have fresh home baked bread for lunch. It makes great toast the next day. Refrigerate in a Tupperware container, and if you have any left at the end of the week, it makes great French Toast or homemade croutons.

All you need is a super easy recipe and here it is:

Easy Bread Machine White Bread

1 C warm milk (micro 1 minute)
3 C bread flour
2 T sugar
1 t salt
2 t yeast (Fleishmann's BreadMachine Yeast in 4oz jar)
2 T butter, cut into 4 pieces

Remove the insert (bread pan) from the machine, Spray the turny-thingy with cooking spray, because sometimes it stays stuck inside the bottom of the bread.
Add the ingredients in the order listed. Make a little well in the middle to add the yeast. Tuck the butter pieces into the 4 corners. Replace the insert pan into the machine and turn to lock in place. Close lid and push "ON". Set for medium crust color. Indicator light will say 3:10. That is how long it will take. Remove the pan when done and invert the bread to remove. DO NOT put the pan in the dishwasher, just wash out with soapy water.

I make this bread at least once a week. I usually sneak the first warm slice, slather with butter and sprinkle with lots of cinnamon sugar. YUM!

10 comments:

  1. What size loaf does it make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just got a bread maker so I am a newbee and yes what setting on the loaf size/weight?Looking forward to trying your recipe,thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has become my go-to recipe, thank you! Its simple and makes perfect loaves every time. I don't like the shape of the bread machine pan so I use the dough cycle and when that's complete I punch it down, put in a greased loaf pan and let rise until double in size (about 40 min), then I bake @ 350 for 15 min.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read !! After you read this post, you’ll be wishing you worked from sunrise to sunset Alaska time village-bakery.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe. Just bought a bread maker and I can't wait to try this recipe on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making this now. Hope it turns out good. Love homemade bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The center didn't rise all the way, so was worried, but it was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bread was very hard , could hardly cut it with electric knive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new at using a bread machine i came across this recipe AMAZING SO MUCH it comes out a beautiful golden and looks and tastes YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you use active dry yeast?

    ReplyDelete