Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

These pretty cookies taste like little
brownie bites.
These are very easy to mix up.
 A few basic ingredients you probably have in the
pantry. This recipe uses just just one bowl.
I've made them with baking chocolate squares or
unsweetened cocoa powder. Whichever I have
in the pantry. Melt the chocolate if using.
 Mix the sugar into the melted chocolate and oil.
 Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
 Dump the flour, baking powder and salt into a
sifter and mix that in.
The batter will be wet and needs to chill for
at least 1-3 hours. Roll it into 1-1/2 "balls.
Roll the cookie balls into the powdered sugar
until well coated. 
Put on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 
(8"- 12") 10 minutes at 350º.
Do Not Overbake
They will look wet but set up as they cool.
Let cool slightly on the cookie sheet then
transfer to a wire rack to cool. 
Top off this experience with a glass of cold milk.
Have a few now...
and save some for later.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
2 squares baking chocolate 
   (or use 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder)
1 C sugar
1/4 C vegetable/canola oil
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 C flour
1 t baking powder
dash salt
powdered sugar for rolling-about 1/3 C

If using chocolate squares, melt in a medium bowl
in the microwave for 1-/1/2 minutes. Stir to melt
completely. Stir in then oil. Mix in the sugar.
Beat in eggs one at a time and stir in vanilla.
Stir in the flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt.
The mixture will be wet and needs to chill for for
at least 1-3 hours. Moisten your hands with water and
roll the dough into 1-1/2" balls. Roll cookies well in
powdered sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on a
greased cookie sheet, or use parchment paper.
Bake at 350º for 8-12 minutes. 10 minutes 
works for me, or till the edges are set and
the tops are cracked. 
Don't overbake.  
Let cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes
 before transferring to a wire rack to cool. 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I made these today, and they were yummy! All your recipes are great. I live with my mother, and she is a very willing partner in crime to test recipes. If it isn't too much trouble, could you maybe think about changing the color of the font and the visited link font on your side bar? Since you changed the background, I can't see it very well in my computer. If you don't want to, that's fine. I might have an issue with this netbook that I use in the kitchen when I cook. I'll survive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. On second look I think it IS my computer because the pretty background with the forks isn't loading-- just the blue layer... My fault I think... I'm afraid
    Blogger and the older computers are having a part5ing of the ways....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita these cookies look amazing!
    Can you tell me 2 squares of chocolate - what would that be? I'm from New Zealand so I'm not sure how much chocolate I should be adding.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate is equal to 2 ounces.

    ReplyDelete