Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bacon, Avocado,Tomato Pasta

What's for lunch?
Sometimes I just look in the refrigerator to see 
what I can pull together for lunch.
 Today I found 1/2 of a tomato, 1/2 of an avocado, 
a few pieces of bacon, and a little leftover grated cheese. 
 All I needed to do was cook a little pasta, and
 Chop those few ingredients.
The rest of the ingredients I usually have on hand
 are: fresh basil from my garden, garlic, lemon juice, 
olive oil and s&p. Toss it all together.

Lunch is being served on the patio!

You don't need to follow the recipe exactly. 
It's just a guide. Use what you have. 
Just add your ingredients and toss.


B-A-T Pasta
2 C uncooked pasta, bow ties
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
1/2 avocado, cubed
1/2 tomato, cubed
1/2 C shredded Italian cheese,
(Parmesan, Romano, Asiago or a combo)
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 C fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 T lemon juice
Generous amount of salt and pepper to taste
Cook and drain the pasta. Rinse under cold water.
Put into a medium bowl, add other ingredients.
Toss to combine. Two large servings.
Enjoy!


"Ask not what you can do for your country. 
Ask what's for lunch." ... Orson Welles



3 comments:

  1. What a great looking, flavorful pasta meal you just threw together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, this looks wonderful! I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita,
    Thank you so for sharing your fabulous recipes! I have been following your blog for a while without commenting. It's a new year and I'm making new friends,....so here i am!! This looks fabulous~ I am all about cooking with what's on hand!!!

    ReplyDelete