Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Tale Of Two Dinners- Italian Meatballs & Meatloaf

You will get two good dinners from this one ground
 beef mixture. One for now and 
one for the freezer..... you choose.

Meatballs & Meatloaf

2 lbs. ground chuck
1 small Italian sausage, about 3 oz.
Place the beef in a large mixing bowl. Remove the sausage casing and add to the  bowl.
1/2 onion, cut up
1 stalk celery, cut up
1 small carrot, cut up
1 garlic clove
1/4 C parsley
2 slices white bread, torn up
In a food processor, add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and parsley.
Chop until small.
 Then add the torn bread pieces. 
Pulse a few times to blend in.
Add to the bowl with the meat.

1/4 C ketchup
1 C bread crumbs
1/2 C Parmesan/Romano cheese
1/2 C milk
1/2 t salt
1 egg
Add these ingredients to the bowl. Using your hands, mix until well combined.
Divide the mixture in half.
 For the meatballs, roll into 12 smooth round balls.
For the meatloaf, shape into a loaf to fit a 9x5 loaf
 pan. Wrap well and freeze.
Date with a label.
Good idea to also tape on the cooking instructions. 
To cook the meatballs: Heat a large frying pan
 until hot. Add 2 T olive oil and heat 30 seconds. 
Add the prepared meatballs and brown.  
Gently turn the meatballs, using two spoons
 until browned on all sides. 
Stir in sauce and let simmer 25-30 minutes.
You can use your favorite spaghetti sauce or 
make my sauce by adding:
 2 cloves minced garlic stirred into the pan.
then add:
1- 28oz can chopped or crushed tomatoes
1 t Italian herbs
1 t sugar
1/2 t salt
1/4 t red pepper flakes.
Tonights dinner.

Another homemade dinner waiting for you 
in the freezer for when you have no time
to cook. You'll like that! 
To cook the meatloaf
Place the thawed meatloaf in a 9x5 loaf pan, cover 
the top with 1/4 C ketchup and bake @350 for 1 hour.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from a picture of your lemon brownies on Pinterest! I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing !
    I just want to remind you that Google Friend Connect is disappering, as of today so it has been said no following anyone with it and no one can follow you either . Hundreds of bloggers are and have including myself have hooked up to a Linky follower that lets us keep track of our followers and vise versa !http://www.linkytoolsblog.com/ I am hosting a Linky Blog Hop and would love for you to join so that we all can keep up with so many wonderful blogs ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of putting multiple things in the food processor. I always do them one at a time. But why? Picture me hitting my head with the heel of my hand.

    Thanks for opening my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea, and I couldn't function in my kitchen without my food processor. I love doing the work for one and getting two great meals out of it. I'll be trying. Thanks for sharing your creative recipe at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete