Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Blue Cheese Sauce for Steak

 Whip up this simple blue cheese sauce 
the next time you are grilling steaks. 
It's so easy and takes your steak dinner to a 
new level. It's great when you're having company. 
Also keep it in  mind for one of your
holiday family dinners. Here goes...
 Mince the garlic and add to the cream.
 Let simmer on low until reduced and thickened.
This takes about 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
 Stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, and W-sauce.
 Whisk in to allow the cheese to melt slightly.
 Add chopped fresh parsley-good if you have it. 
It's so good on steaks- rib eye and filet mignon are
my favorite. I swirl my vegetables and potatoes in
the sauce that's on my plate too. It's also great on 
burgers, grilled salmon, spicy shrimp, and of 
course, a dip for  buffalo wings.

Leftover sauce is good to have for a dinner later in
the week. It's good on almost everything.


Blue Cheese Sauce
1 C heavy cream
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz (about 1/2C) crumbled blue cheese
1/4 t salt & 1/4 t pepper
1 t Worcestershire sauce- a good dash
1-2 T chopped parsley
Combine the cream and garlic in a small saucepan
and let simmer on low until thickened, about 30
minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk
to melt the cheese. Stir in the chopped parsley.
Keep warm. Serves 4-6

Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds like a wonderful addition to a tasty steak or even a char grilled burger. I have used a recipe with Gorgonzola cheese but it did not have Worcestershire in it or garlic either for that matter. I am looking forward to trying this one when we grill steaks on the patio grill tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the taste of the steak sauce. It makes my day ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite type of recipe - easy, cheesy and full of flavor. I'm making steaks tomorrow and can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love steaks and love blue cheese (danish blue) but I never tried blue cheese sauce before. this recipe is so tempting, however, I'm not the greatest chef in the world, even though I cook like a pro in papa's cooking games (i often play together with my 10 y/o daughter).   in real life, best I can do is scrambled eggs and tea... in fact, I cannot be left alone in the kitchen :S But i'm definitely willing to put some effort into this recipe :) so wish me luck!. and thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete