Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Chocolate Lava Microwave Mug Cake

We've all been there, it's late and you're craving
chocolate cake. You don't want to make one just
 for yourself. No time, too much trouble, plus you
want it right this very minute!  Here's the answer:
microwave chocolate mug cake. If you've ever been
disappointed with mug cakes, try this one. It's
easy, takes only 1 minute to cook, and it will give
 you a warm, moist, chocolatey dessert for one.
When you need a chocolate fix and you need
it NOW! This chocolate cake is ready
 in 1 minute. YES!
I've tried several microwave mug cake recipes.  
Some were too dry, some were too eggy, some
were too dense, but this one is just right.
You can adjust the amount of chocolateness
using 1-2T cocoa. I use a rounded tablespoon.
I usually remember to spray the mug
Sometimes I forget to spray the mug,
so that's optional. Mine cooks perfectly
in 1 minute. Your microwave may take
a few seconds longer, maybe 10 seconds
at the most. It will be puffed
and slightly springy when touched.
Whatever you do, don't over micro it
or your'll end up with a sponge.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and
a good squirt of whipped cream.
So moist, gooey, and chocolatey.
I've premixed the dry ingredients in
little baggies. All I need to do is add
oil, milk, and vanilla. Great to have in
an RV, office, or dorm for an instant
gratification of your chocolate needs.
Here you go!

Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake
4 T flour (¼ C)
4 T sugar (¼ C)
1-2 T cocoa
¼ t baking powder
Mix in a 12-oz microwave-safe mug
that you've sprayed (I usually forget)
with cooking spray. Then add:
3 T milk
3 T oil
¼ t vanilla
 to the mug and mix well with a fork
or small whisk until completely blended.
 Top with (I use mini)
2 T chocolate chips
Microwave for 1-1 ½  minute.
Remove from microwave and
let rest for another minute. 
Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar
and topped with whipped cream. 


Enjoy!


Links: Between Naps On The Porch,
 Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! This is dangerous. :D Thanks for sharing. ~ ct

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....you are one dangerous woman!!! I think I gained 10 lbs just reading this but I am off to the store to buy coffee mugs (I don't drink coffee so don't have any) and give this a try. Will pick up some vanilla ice cream to go on top! YUM!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete