Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Grilled Caprese Sandwich


This may be my new favorite sandwich. 
Yum, Yum, Yum!
 Butter both sides of good bread. I'm using Italian, 
but sourdough would be good too. Grill in a pan
and flip when slightly toasted. 
 Spread with pesto. I whipped up a small batch 
using basil from my garden, parmesan cheese, 
a clove of garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. I just
 gave everything a quick zap in my mini 
food processor. You can also use my recipe


Not an accurate picture here.
What you want to do is add slices of mozzarella,
but I only had shredded today so that's
what I used. Use this order
bread-pesto-cheese-tomato-bread
Grill another minute until the cheese is melty and 
the bread is a crunchy golden brown, 
flipping once. 


Grilled Caprese Sandwich
2 slices Italian or sourdough bread
2 T butter
2 T basil pesto
2 slices of tomato
2 slices of mozzarella cheese
Butter both sides of the bread and grill one
side in a hot skillet. When it has browned, flip it
 over and brown the other side. Spread the pesto
on the grilled side, top with cheese, then tomato
slices. Cover with the other grilled piece of bread.
Then grill another minute, flipping once until the
cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown
and crunchy.   Makes one sandwich.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I can't wait to start growing our own fresh basil to make these sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks delicious! I will have to try this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This grilled caprese sandwich looks like a really easy and delicious recipe to try. The order that you posted for making this sandwich is good to know so that I can make this just right. Now, I'll make sure to assemble it with bread, pesto, cheese, tomato, bread in that order. Thanks for sharing this!
    http://embellishmints.com/category/recipes/

    ReplyDelete